Friday, April 23, 2010

Ultimate Expression







images: clotheshorse
I'm sure I've mentioned it at some point, but dancing has been my greatest passion since I was a little girl. I went to The Nutcracker each winter and fell in love year after year. At age 10, my mother took me to see Cats--how they moved their bodies into the most bizarre positions with pure bliss and ease, it completely blew me away.
I was enrolled in classes the very next morning.
I have had a religious-like fervor for the art ever since.
Due to an injury and a terrible back, I have been so limited in dancing the last few years that seeing images as beautiful as this make my heart warm up, and sad a little, too. So often we discuss how the arts are deeply fused within the world of fashion, and it would be naive to say otherwise. Dance has always been my ultimate form of expression and when it is fused with the powerful force of fashion, the outcome is utterly breathtaking.

1 comment:

L said...

can i just wear the shoes, please?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails