Sunday, October 31, 2010

Marché aux Puces - St. Ouen


photos from stalls featuring vintage designer gowns, glamorous cookware, toys and sculptures
I spent Saturday wandering around the famous Marché aux Puces in St. Ouen. The flea market is comprised of a handful of individual markets catering to different antique and used goods that intertwine with one another through gorgeous narrow pathways. In one part of the market you may find hand embroidered silk couches from the 1800's and down the next pathway you'll be listening to Bob Marley as the vendors are hustling you their latest Jamaican fare. 
I, naturally, was drawn into the museum-like clothing stalls boasting vintage designer goods from Yves Saint Laurent, Givenchy, Chanel and the like. It was...amazing. A true treasure trove. Most booths prohibited photo-snapping so you'll just have to take my word on it, I suppose. Above are a few photos I was able to snap on the sly from some of my favorite stands.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails