Thursday, September 18, 2008

Glass Like You've Never Seen It Before

Sunday I joined the mass crowds at the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park for the second to last weekend of the Dale Chihuly exhibit. There was a particular buzz going around the park, excitement and anxiousness surrounded the entire vicinity. The popularity of the exhibit called for the museum to issue timed tickets in an effort to decrease the congestion of the area, so although I got there at 12:30pm, I wasn't admitted into the show until 4pm. Not complaining, I enjoyed a stroll around the rest of the museum and hopped out of the park over to 9th St. where I grubbed at Park Chow Restaurant (I highly recommend this place!).
Entering the exhibit was much like being as Disneyland, the anticipation growing faster and faster. The entire show was under a dim lighting that allowed the brilliant color of the glass pieces to shine even stronger. Every set was divided off and truly enabled me to fully appreciate one piece at a time without being distracted or overwhelmed by the other amazing works.
This was incredibly impressive show and I highly recommend checking this out before the shows closing next weekend. I'm sure going during the week would be even better as it is far less crowded. Seriously, check it out. I may even see you there!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails