Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mahjong?

The other night I went to a party at the Berkeley Art Museum at UC Berkeley for their current exhibit, Mahjong: Contemporary Chinese Art from the Sigg Collection and can I just say, it was great?! The event was complete with great people, yummy treats and a scavenger hunt (which I must say had my boyfriend on a mission!). It was my first time at BAM and I was not only impressed by the captivating and controversial pieces that filled the building, but the buildings' interior was captivating in its own right. The pieces at the exhibit explore the political and cultural changes of China from the 1970's to current and this museum was perfectly fitted to showcase this reformation.
This exhibit is running now through January 4, 2009 and I highly reccommend checking it out. The musuem offers free admission every first Thursday as well as free admission for UCB students.

*image provided by bampfa.berkeley.edu

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails