Sunday, November 16, 2008

YSL Tribute

Friday night I went to visit the much anticipated Yves Saint Laurent exhibit at the de Young Museum in San Francisco. The exhibit is a tribute to the life and undeniable influence of Yves Saint Laurent. He pioneered the tuxedo suit, masculine influence to female fashion as well as designed basics that will forever stay a "must have" in our closets. The exhibit showcases over 120 pieces, including many who's inspiration has been derived from music, theater and far away places!
Although the museum forbid all photography, the pieces I was exposed to this night will surely fail to flee my memory. I highly reccommend visiting this exhibit if you are in the near area, it will be an unforgettable experience.

"My profession is the loving dialogue of this naked woman with all the magic spells of the wrapping of my fabrics."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails